Friday, March 02, 2007

google unlove

although i am typically in love with google and their range of services, this whole move from blogger to google has been quite harsh. i know i'm not alone as others across the blogosphere have moved away from google blogs or kept the original blogger blogs. i'm beginning to wish i'd done the same, but figured that i couldn't go wrong by moving to the new google tool.
why i'm pissy today (friday, 3/2/7) is that i logged in and got the message "WARNING

This blog has been locked by Blogger's spam-prevention robots. You will not be able to publish your posts, but you will be able to save them as drafts.

Save your post as a draft or click here for more about what's going on and how to get your blog unlocked."

When I clicked through, I get to a place where i enter some letters in an image and then am told someone will get back to me in 2 days. 2 days! what! you are going to shut down my blog and not get back to me for 2 days! why? cause i show too much love to the projects i'm involved with by linking to them? cause i use your tools to liberally? cause i use my blog for what it should be used for? publicity and testing out new fun tools? grrrrr. color me grumpy with google.

and turn my damn blog back on.

UPDATE
it took them 6 hours to turn it back on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you know how bloggers feel in China, or Russia, or any other totalitarian regime that controls their country's Internet use.

So much for Cyber Freedom!

(Psst: Welcome to the world of Big Brother! We're watching you.)

Papa D